Hello guys! So… I know I haven’t uploaded in a while- not since the Eggs Benedict… but the stunning concoction of oh terrifically tender chicken, mixed with a sweet but tangy sauce and packed with nutrients from the array of vegetables and citrus fruits I have put in. Just like the Chicken & Apple Curry, this is so quick and simple.
This is a real treat!
On top of that…
It is all in one pan!!!!!!
Yep, you heard… no washing heaps of dirty pans that usually pile up by your worried sink! Result!
Onto the ingredients, I have made this recipe using local Kent produce. I love using fresh local ingredients because both the flavour and the colour is beautiful. My local farmers market that I go too is Aylesford Farmers Market, hosted every third Sunday in each (as Matthew would say) sunny month!
Lucky for you there are two more Farmers Markets that you can go too…
The staring ingredient of this is the Seville Orange Marmalade with a hint of Whisky from Kent Fine Foods- I love this because the unique tangy flavour from the subtle kick of whisky, or maybe the delightful sliced almonds that give an almost marzipan flavour. Regardless, it is amazing!
Onto the Chicken, the Chicken is amazingly tender. I have used Chicken from MB Farms as their meat is delicious, the flavour deep and intense; for this recipe, I have chosen to use Chicken thighs as the flavour from the bone really really adds to both the sauce and the actual chicken. As always, the vegetables I am using are from PJ Farms, I can’t even describe the vibrant colour and taste of their fresh produce!
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 500g New Potatoes
- 2 Peppers- I used Red but any colour will do
- 2 Red Onions
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 25g Sliced Almonds
- Flat Leaf Parsley
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp Seville Orange Marmalade with a hint of whisky
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Harissa Paste
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- Then wash and slice your new potatoes- you will need to slice them lengthways into about 3-4 slices depending on their size.
- Then deseed and remove the white membrane of your bell peppers and slice into segments (using the natural lines as guides – please see video for reference). Then peel the red onions; cut them into segments too.
- After, make the sauce to go over the chicken and vegetables. Into a small bowl add the marmalade, the zest of half a lemon and the zest of an orange and then both the juice of a lemon and the orange. Mix to combine, then add the harissa paste and mix again.
- Into a large baking tray, drizzle the oil and add the new potatoes, red peppers and red onions also into the tray. Then drizzle half the sauce over the vegetables and mix to get an even coating.
- Then, place the chicken thighs over the vegetables. Then, brush the skin of the chicken with the sauce using a pastry brush- this will make the skin go nice and golden brown. Then pour the remaining sauce all over the dish.
- Then sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Serve- then sprinkle the flat leaf parsley over the top.