Looking for something gorgeously gooey and chocolaty? Well this is the perfect recipe for you!
The inspiration for this was when I was food shopping; I was in the dessert isle and I was looking at two gorgeous desserts in the chiller cabinet. A orange cheesecake and a chocolate brownie. I couldn’t decide which one to choose- I mean come on- which one would you choose? So I decided to get my baking boots on and try to combine the two. Therefore getting a Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Brownie.This is a pretty easy recipe and it is so good!!! I mean I made up one batch and magically after two days they disappeared- strange, huh?
There are so many ways in which a person enjoys a brownie. Some like chewy and gooey. Some like cakey and bouncy and some like fudgy and dark. What’s mine ?I hear you say. Well mine is a gloriously gooey and fudgy brownie with a hint of chewiness. Sounds nice right?
There are two parts for my brownie. Chocolate brownie mixture and the orange cheesecake that I will swirl on top- Want more help? Check out the video below the recipe! NOTE: when you swirl the cheesecake mixture on top; don’t over swirl. If you do then it will all become one. I am sure it will still taste great but it won’t look as good- so swirl carefully. Your swirl should look like this:
You don’t like orange? Leave it out or substitute it- you can substitute it with any citrus fruit or vanilla extract!
Makes: 12 big square
Preparation: 15 mins
Baking Time: 30 Mins
For the Brownie:
- 140g Unsalted butter
- 200g Milk Chocolate (or you can use dark if you prefer!)
- 225g Light brown sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 60g Plain Flour
- 60g Cocoa (NOT DRINKING CHOCOLATE)
For the Cheesecake Mixture:
- 50g Cream cheese
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 75g plain flour
- 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 170°c/150°c fan- remember to do this cause i always forget!
- Into a large mixing bowl add your butter and your chocolate then put in the microwave for 30 second. It won’t be done but give it a stir. Then place back in the microwave and stir every thirty seconds until there are only tiny lumps in the mixture. Don’t worry they will melt in the residual heat!
- Whisk in the light brown sugar until combined. Then whisk one egg at a time until mixed.
- Add your flour and the coca and fold the mixture until completely combined. No lumps of flour please!
- Now for the cheesecake mixture. Into a bowl put the cream cheese, flour,sugar and egg. Mix until combined. Then using a grater zest the orange and fold it in.
- Grease a 8×8 inch or 20cm square cake pan with butter and grease proof paper.
- Then pour the brownie mixture into the pan. Spread out evenly.
- Spoon blobs of the cheesecake mixture onto the brownies and using a knife swirl the blobs until they are marbles (see picture).
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or when a toothpick is inserted only a tiny bit of mixture sticks to it.
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares.
Check out my YouTube Channel:Lillie- jing Bakes
Please like, share and subscribe!